Case Managers are a very rare breed of individuals. Here at beginning Step you can always count on our Case Management because they are the ones that you can go to when your needs are not being met.
Our Case Management here at Beginning Step have developed a food pantry with plenty of organizations to help our clients out.
A Client need clothing for everyday or that important interview. Our Case Manger is in charge of that.
Here at Beginning Step, we also help with scheduling and transportation to and from medical, eye, and dental appointments.
With these services and our great Case Management team to help you achieve your goals. Where else are you going to go?
- Enrollment into one of Beginning Step’s treatment programs and authorization for peer recovery and support services.
- Commitment to the recovery process – to honesty, openness, and willingness to participate in all aspects of the Beginning Step program.
- Have or be willing to obtain a sponsor and home group.
- Continued attendance (with documentation) of daily support meetings.
- Completion of all forms related to the Peer Recovery and Support program including orientation to the program.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Through shared understanding, respect, and mutual empowerment, peer support workers help people become and stay engaged in the recovery process.
It is the vision of the Beginning Step Peer Recovery and Support Program to provide social, emotional, and/or educational supportive services, knowledge, and skill development to Beginning Step clients from individuals who have experienced both substance use disorders and recovery to promote recovery and prevent relapse.
4 Core Competencies for our Peer Counselors
These are some of the principle foundation principles that Peer Counselors/supports are taught through their training and credentialing.